Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011


I can't believe that I haven't updated this in almost a year. The original intention was to use this site to supplement things we couldn't possibly cover in the zine and still be relevant if we sit on our collective asses and fall behind schedule by about 4 or 5 months. I kick myself everyday with how lazy I have become in regards to my writing and really try to push this blogging medium to new levels.

So what has happened in my life in the year that I have been absent to this blog? Well most importantly, I got engaged. I am getting married in November and time is running out and a lot of wedding things still need to get done. In order to truly make my fiance hate my guts I decided to plan a fest, TREASURE FEST, that goes down at the end of May. The fest in question is not the usual one venue fest with about 14 bands or so but is instead, over 60 bands and 5 venues over two days in Charlotte, NC. Bands such as Algernon Cadwallader, Daytrader, Red Collar, Restorations, Shitstorm and Denmark's Cola Freaks, just to name a few. It has truly been a lot of hard work and it remains to be seen if people truly give a shit about the amount of red tape this fest truly has been. With that said, I have had a blast setting it up and hope that I can continue to do this every year or at least do it again next year.

On the label front, things are looking up. People are interested and records are moving so that is always good. We have a busy year, with releases from Matt Evans, Pullman Strike (NC), Just Die!, Yardwork, Andy the DoorBum and Florida's own Small Talk. If somehow that all pans out then I will truly be a happy camper.

I am currently unemployed and it hasn't been that bad since I have a very supportive fiance and future in-laws. The zine, as always, is way behind schedule but will soon be out. It features interviews with the legendary EYEHATEGOD, Punch, The Measure and a whole lot more. Like I said previously, I really want to update this more and be more relevant with show reviews, record reviews and short interviews that don't make it into the zine. Thanks for the support and please come to Charlotte, NC, and experience the amazing music scene we have here and TREASURE FEST which takes place May 20th and the 21st.

self aware records
treasure fest blog
treasure fest facebook

BUY A TICKET FOR ONLY $25 (for both days)
treasurefestnc@gmail.com

No comments: