Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dec 20, 2009

Descendents Vans From The Descendents? (WTF)



So I posted the other day about getting a pair of Descendents Vans for my birthday. Would have not been that big of a deal to post anything else about it but I noticed something odd about where the box came from. First, before I give it all away in the first couple of sentences, I will give you some back story. So I got a pair of Descendents Vans a few years ago when they first came out and I still stand behind my view that they are the coolest band series shoes that have come out so far from Vans. In my opinion all of the other shoes have looked like utter shit. The Germs ones looked alright but I hate the Germs too much to ever condone. So as every pair of shoes I have or anyone has I wore them out. Then I wanted another and it seemed that I couldn't get them for under a hundred bucks or in my size. So when my girlfriend got me some I was pretty stoked to say the least. After wearing them for a day or two I was curious as to where the shoes came from in case they had more. I checked out the box and it read, "ALL, P.O. Box 36, Ft. Collins, CO." Holy shit. So from the random knowledge I know about the Descendents/All I knew that some of them had moved to Ft. Collins, Colorado. When I say some of them I mostly mean Bill Stevenson and Karl Alvarez.



That leads me to believe that Karl and Bill house Descendents/All merchandise that they peddle for extra cash. Would make a lot of sense if this is the case but it would seem that bands of their caliber wouldn't waste their time. I for one, am exciting about the prospect of them personally sending off this stuff and it not just being marketed and distributed by faceless corporations. For the record, I also had a friend tell me that she ordered a coffee mug that came from the same location as my shoes. It could be much more complex than the way I thought it out but it does seem that they have some control enough to personally mail me a pair of shoes. Neat!!!

No comments: